Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holidays?

During the holidays as a teacher and a mother I get a lot of questions about the different holidays children celebrate. It is a difficult question and for some a delicate subject. I enjoy talking to my own children about all of the holidays. I find that I learn something new every year along with them. I feel, by teaching your children about other peoples traditions and cultural/religious belief you are giving them the knowledge of acceptance and you expose them to the diverse world they live. Here are a few of my favorite stories I share with my kiddos.
These are just a few of the many books that are out there for you to share. I also have several activities that I do as well. I will try and post pictures soon. Please share your ideas for talking to your children about holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment