Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Crisp

This comes to me from my old college roommate Jen. She wrote:

We had this at my scrapbook retreat. I swear, it's like a cross between pumpkin pie, pecan pie and a cobbler (served warm over Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream).... It was so yummy. Of course, how can you go wrong with 2 sticks of butter! :-)
Pumpkin Crisp
1 16 oz can of plain pumpkin
1 can evaporated milk
3 eggs
2 cups of sugar
3 tsp pumpkin spice
1 yellow cake mix
2 sticks of butter/margarine
crushed pecans
Blend pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin spice together with mixer. Pour into a 9 x 13 cake pan. I spray mine with Pam first. This liquid will be runny. Spread drycake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Melt butter and drizzle over dry cake mix. Sprinkle generously with nuts and bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 55 minutes. Top with cool whip and/or serve over vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment